• If Laksaboy Forums apperar down for you, you can google for "Laksaboy" as it will always be updated with the current URL.

    Due to MDA website filtering, please update your bookmark to https://laksaboy.pro

    1. For any advertising enqueries or technical difficulties (e.g. registration or account issues), please send us a Private Message or contact us via our Contact Form and we will reply to you promptly.

Thailand narrowly miss out on World Cup qualification despite beating Singapore 3-1


Thailand started the match on the front foot with midfielder Suphanat Mueanta tapping in a cross from Chanathip Songkrasin in the 36th minute.

Minutes later, Supachai Chaided failed to convert when put through one-on-one with Hassan Sunny, with the goalkeeper pulling off one of his many point-blank saves of the night.

The half ended 1-0 to Thailand and Singapore threw on forward Ilhan Fandi for defender Ryhan Stewart.

The Thais started the second half like the first, with Supachai shooting straight at Hassan and the goalkeeper again saving brilliantly from Suphanat.

But as the home team continued to probe, Ihksan Fandi equalised for Singapore against the run of play in the 56th minute. He

Thailand continued their assault on Singapore's goal, flashing crosses across the box but without a finishing touch.

The home side made three substitutions in the 65th minute, throwing on attackers in hopes of finding the goals it needed to take it to the next stage.

But the Lions continued to frustrate the Thais despite waves of attacks.

In the 78th minute, substitute Poramet Arjvirai cut in from the left and fired a shot past Hassan, putting Thailand back in the lead.

Ihksan missed a golden opportunity to equalise less than two minutes later, heading wide of the goal from a Faris Ramli cross.

Fellow substitute Jaroensak Wonggorn ensured a frantic finish with a header from close range in the 85th minute.

Singapore's Nur Adam Abdullah had a chance to pull one back for Singapore in extra time but his chip from inside the box was cleared off the line.

Jaroensak fired wide in the 95th minute in what was the last chance of the match, which meant China took second spot in the group.

Continue reading...