• If Laksaboy Forums apperar down for you, you can google for "Laksaboy" as it will always be updated with the current URL.

Due to MDA website filtering, please update your bookmark to https://laksaboy.pro

1. For any advertising enqueries or technical difficulties (e.g. registration or account issues), please send us a Private Message or contact us via our Contact Form and we will reply to you promptly.

Woman under investigation for not wearing mask at Shunfu Market and assaulting anothe

LaksaNews

Myth
shunfu-market-woman-in-viral-video.png

SINGAPORE: The police are investigating a 40-year-old Singaporean woman, who had previously breached safe distancing measures, for not wearing a mask at Shunfu Market.

Police said they received a call for assistance on Sunday (May 3) at around noon at 320 Shunfu Road.
AdvertisementAdvertisement"Preliminary investigations indicated that a 40-year-old Singaporean woman, who had previously breached safe distancing measures, was not wearing a mask," said police.

The woman also allegedly assaulted a 47-year-old woman who advised her to put on a mask, police added.

The police said they take "a serious view of such abusive and irresponsible behaviour, especially in the current COVID-19 situation".
"We urge the public to take the circuit breaker measures seriously and comply with the safe distancing measures."

AdvertisementAdvertisement[h=3]READ: Markets to refuse entry to people not wearing masks from Sunday: NEA[/h]In a video circulating online, a woman in purple and without a mask is seen holding on to what appears to be her mobile phone, that is also being held by another person.
Several police officers are later seen in the video talking to the woman.
In another video, she is heard arguing with several people and said: "I'm a sovereign, I am a sovereign."
When told by a man - not seen on camera - that she had to follow the rules, she replied: "I'm not a person, I'm we the people."
[h=3]READ: Yes, wear a mask but when and why? Here’s what you need to know[/h]Member of Parliament Chong Kee Hiong said in a Facebook post that in a previous incident, the woman had been caught and fined.
"Rest assured that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated and offenders will be dealt with according to the law," wrote Mr Chong, who is MP for Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC. Shunfu Market is part of the GRC.
"We cannot have such acts of irresponsibility while the whole of Singapore makes sacrifices and is fighting COVID-19 as one," he added.

[h=3]BOOKMARK THIS: Our comprehensive coverage of the coronavirus outbreak and its developments[/h]Download our app or subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates on the coronavirus outbreak: Telegram: Contact @cnalatest
Let's block ads! (Why?)

More...

Back